We believe that every person can contribute to the environment in a positive way. Our goal is to have a positive impact on our planet by bringing communities together to take part in environmental projects. By joining with us on a project, no matter how big or small, you are making a valuable difference to our environment.
Currently, we are working exclusively in Suffolk on projects which range from as big as a 2 hectare plot to as small as planting 3 trees. We have a strict policy on which projects we will and will not assist with. We look for projects that are creating lasting, positive change, big or small and will benefit the public and community. When choosing which projects to support, we want to make sure at least one of the following objects is met:
• Is the plot accessible to the public?
• Will the planting of trees or hedges create a recreational area for the public?
• Can the local residents get involved in the project to create awareness and engagement?
• Will the planting of trees or hedges provide a habitat for different species in an area where such habitat is scarce?
• Will the planting of the trees and hedges sufficiently contribute to the improvement of air quality for residents?
• Can the project be used for educational purposes, such as, involving schools in the planting, teaching the public about tree species/needs etc.?
• Does the project contribute to a lasting positive effect for the environment and the public?Learn how we revitalised an old Poplar plantation
Currently, we are working exclusively in Suffolk on projects from as big as a 2 hectare plot to as small as planting 3 trees. We look for projects that are in creating lasting, positive change and will benefit the public and community.Read More
Litter is a growing problem throughout our towns and countryside. Over 2 million pieces of litter are dropped in the UK each day. We at the Sicon Foundation are going to do our part to help with this problem.Read More